Tuesday, October 9, 2007

"It was.....'It was......sultry'"

That was a quote from the late 80's movie "Throw Mama from the Train". I am up late on call....I should be either reading or sleeping. I just took a Benadryl, and I'm waiting for it to take effect.

I was thinking of the movie when I was frustrated with my air conditioner earlier this evening. Sometimes it has a mind not to comply with the temperature to which I set it. So I was drinking some tea and got rather warm and uncomfortable, almost to the point of perspiration. So, I guess that was what reminded me of the line from the movie.

I guess it's another Tuesday ("he has a daughter he calls Easter; she was born on a Tuesday night") night in Atlanta. I think it was my grandmother's birthday today. How I can recall that I have no idea.

I guess that I don't have a specific topic to talk about this evening (bordering on early morning). I have to wake up in about 5.5 hours. That is going to suck. I hope that I don't get called in, because then, it would be even less sleep.

I was talking to my friend Wendy the other day. We often say to one another, "I hate people". I sometimes wonder if this is true of me or not. I think it's heading toward that way. I don't have great faith in the general kindness of people, not that I really ever did anyway. I don't think that it's all that hard to do. I mind my own business, I don't tell anyone what they should do, unless they specifically ask me what they should do in a given situation. I generally don't start things (well, maybe, if provoked--e.g., by a homeless person asking for money when I'm broke). I don't know anymore. I wish I had "the answer".

I sent a mass e-mail of some of the pics from my birthday in Chicago. Overall, I think I got a good response. I'm still waiting for most of them I guess. It was fun; I needed a vacation. For some reason I think my keyboard needs a wet nap, kind of like the keyboards in Mr. Shaw's room in high school that had some kind of gummy, sap-like, faintly-yellowish residue. My keyboard is black, so I can't tell.

All right. I think I'm going to wipe it down and call it a night.

...Lately it's occurred to me
Exactly what went wrong
I realized I compromised, I sacrificed
Far too much for far too long

Never again, not in this life
Will I be taken twice
Never again, not on your life
Will I make that same mistake
I can't make it twice

Starting out from here today
Swear I'm gonna change my ways
Once mistaken in this life
But never twice...

"Not in this Life"
--Natalie Merchant

No comments: